“Do you have the courage to bring forth this work? The treasures that are hidden inside you are hoping you will say YES!”
– Liz Gilbert
Transformational Life Coaching
What is Coaching?
Coaching is a partnership between you and a coach that supports you to gain clarity about what you want in life, identify the blocks that are holding you back, and align your with your values to create an incredible and fulfilling life. With that said, coaching is a very personal and experiential process that is much more easily understood when it is experienced.
How do I know this is the right type of coaching for me?
The best way to know is to experience a complimentary session and decide for yourself. All too often people try to decide if coaching is for them by learning about the theory or practices used. Though these explanations can provide interesting information, they are limited. To truly understand what coaching is, have a lived experience of it and discover what it’s all about.
What areas of life does coaching help with?
Coaching is great for any area of your life where you feel called to thrive. Through coaching, you will learn tools to empower you in all areas of life and support you in becoming the best version of yourself. As you begin to make shifts in one area of life–aligning with your values and removing limiting beliefs–the effects will ripple into all areas of your life. Some sample topics include:
- Aligning with your values, passions, and greater purpose
- Enhancing communication and the ability to have courageous conversations
- Developing nourishing self-care habits
- Strengthening time management skills
- Finding balance in everyday life
- Increasing self-confidence, self-trust, and self-love
- Navigating change and transitions with more ease
- Working through limiting beliefs that hold you back from creating the life you want
- Establishing and maintaining clear boundaries with yourself and others
- Feeling more comfortable in your physical body
- Stepping into your power and reclaiming your voice
- Developing mindfulness practices that support your wellbeing
Benefits of Coaching
- General improvement in performance
- Increased responsibility and accountability
- Reach short-term and long-term goals
- Produce results more quickly
The Differences Between Life Coaching, Counseling, and Consulting
- Life coaching is focused on the present and the future, and tends to be action-oriented, results-driven, and focused on change. Coaching is an inquiry based process that relies on the innate wisdom that the client holds. From a coach perspective, the client is the expert in there own life, so the process is intended to help each client find the answers that live within themselves.
- Counseling tends to focus much more on examining or diagnosing the past. Counseling can often be insight-oriented or similarly focused on understanding the past through a process of exploration that can last months to years. Life coaching is not an alternative to counseling but can serve as a wonderful compliment.
- Consulting is focused on delivering solutions to problems. If you want to be told how to get the results you’re looking for, hire a consultant. If, however, you want to learn to trust your intuition and come to your own solutions, a coach is likely a better option for you. Note: Unfortunately, many consultants call themselves coaches, so be sure you ask about their approach so you can decide for yourself what will serve you most.
Everything you share with me will remain confidential. Trust, safe space, and integrity are core elements of my approach to coaching, so rest assured that everything shared will remain confidential. You, however, are welcome to share any lessons and insights from our sessions in whatever ways support your integration process.
Where do we meet?
Coaching sessions take place on the phone. If you are having any doubts after reading this, don’t worry, I felt the same way when I first started working with my personal coach. What I discovered again and again as both a coach and client is that the phone actually removes the self-consciousness that can arise from meeting in person and allows for the same (if not deeper) levels of intimacy and vulnerability. It also allows us both to be anywhere in the world and maintain our coaching relationship.
How do I know it’s the right time to work with a coach?
When you are ready to fully commit to building the life you want and to doing the work. If you are someone that has a tendency to wait for the ‘right’ time or the ‘perfect’ moment, consider that today might actually be the day. What would be possible if you committed to creating your dream life today – not tomorrow or next month, but today?
Why would I want a coach if my life is already working pretty well?
If you are content with your life and wish to keep things as they are, then you probably don’t need to work with a coach. However, if you have dreams of expanding and achieving a life that is even more purposeful, fulfilling, and amazing than perhaps you can even currently imagine, then that’s a great reason to work with a coach.
What if I still have questions?
No problem – If there are any questions you still have, reach out and let me know. If you are curious about coaching I would love to connect and learn more about you. If you know you are ready to experience coaching, schedule your complimentary session with me today!
Book Your Discovery Session Today!
When I began coaching with Adriana, I was experiencing big life changes and had no idea where I wanted to be within the next several months. Working with Adriana helped me to focus on my long-term vision and break it up into tangible, actionable tasks and exercises to achieve my goals. When I started working with Adriana I was looking to get back into my yoga-teaching practice and find other ways to develop my services. I am now teaching a full-time yoga schedule and will begin working as a doula soon. Adriana is a wonderful person and I have greatly enjoyed working with her. She used a variety of tools and coaching strategies to help me progress in an intentional and reflective way. I have grown both towards my goals and also as an individual because of my work with her. I would not hesitate to recommend Adriana to anyone else looking for direction, clarity, guidance and that push that we all need sometimes to be the best versions of ourselves!
In just a few months, Adriana helped me create a new relationship with my body, health and wellness, and medical institutions. She helped me shift from decades of feeling frustrated and angry with physical limitations, [weight issues] and pain to being able to truly appreciate what my body can do. Maybe the biggest shift I achieved was moving from resenting any time devoted to my physical health to actually taking pleasure in taking care of myself. She helped me learn to listen (“Your body is always speaking to you.”) and to act on what I ‘hear.’ Adriana is patient, intuitive, supportive, and able to gently push and guide you to go beyond your comfort-zone.
Adriana has been an instrumental part of my personal and professional growth over the past five months. She creates a safe and supportive space for coaching, centered around you and the topic of your choice. Adriana’s training in yoga, meditation, and breathing techniques helps guide the conversation, providing an added layer of inner exploration. Adriana fully maximizes your time together and provides clear “soul work” between calls, checking in on any challenges or accomplishments throughout the process. Adriana has empowered me to take charge of areas of my life that I want to improve.
Before, I had trouble prioritizing my health but after soul work and coaching calls, I have sought treatment for an ongoing injury and made exercise and stretching a part of my regular routine. Coaching with Adriana inspired me to commit to myself and commit to physically thriving.
I am grateful to Adriana for her guidance, patience, and motivation – she has brought out the best in me and pushed me to be my own champion.