Transform yourself through yoga and mindfulness, majestic Peruvian landscapes, local culture, community service and powerful people-to-people connections.
Join me on this sacred journey to the Sacred Valley of Peru! You will experience mother earth, ancient ruins, yoga, meditation, and intentional community as doorways that will guide you to connect with your most aligned and integrated self. Each activity and practice has been chosen with intention and purpose and is intended to support you in experiencing life fully and with a new found sense of ease, intention, trust, adventure and vigor for life.
Each morning we will begin the day with a yoga and meditation practice. Our activities will vary day by day, but you can count on opportunities to connect with locals, experience the local culture, visit historic sites, and participate in traditional ceremonies. We will travel together as an intentional community and will regularly take time to process and integrate our experiences together. Group coaching will be woven into all parts of our journey. You will also have time to reflect and explore on your own and tend to yourself as needed.
Dates: Saturday, October 6 – Saturday, October 13, 2018
Location: Sacred Valley, Peru
Who is this trip for?
The trip is for you if you wish to:
- Develop self-care practices to ground and nourish you in every day life
- Reconnect to who you are and how you want to show up in the world
- Experience life with a newfound sense of adventure and purpose
- Practice daily yoga and meditation (all levels welcome)
- Experience Peru from the inside out
- Travel mindfully and intentionally
- Experience being a contributor in a local community
- Travel sustainably and support local families and businesses
- A ‘Despacho’ – a traditional ceremony to honor mother earth
- Machu Picchu and all of its wonder
- Day of service in a local community
- Hike to the top of a mountain with panoramic views of the Sacred Valley
- Special ring making experience and a ceremony to go along with it
- Visit to a local cooperative of honey producers, pottery makers and chocolate makers
- Traditional sweat lodge and fire ceremony with a local shaman
- Visit to historic ruins and a local artisanal market
- …and more surprises to be revealed!
Adriana, a Peruvian American, has a deep reverence for the Peruvian land, people, and culture. Adriana has lived in different parts of Peru, including the Sacred Valley, where she worked for a local nonprofit that supported various indigenous communities in the region. Her experience leading group service-learning trips to the Sacred Valley and her connections to local families and businesses will lay the foundation for our journey together.
As a Life Coach, Adriana is dedicated to inspiring and supporting people to create the life of their dreams – a life filled with purpose, connection, growth, and more. She works with leaders who are committed to stepping into their potential and savoring life fully. Bringing curiosity, compassion, and deep listening to her work, Adriana will guide you to tap into you own truth and take inspired action. With a background in yoga and mindfulness, you can count on movement, mindfulness, and self-care practices being embedded into all areas of her work.
Each day will look different with a unique theme and offering. Our priority is your self-care and rejuvenation, so though you are invited to participate in all group activities, you also welcome to rest and take time to yourself when you feel called to do so.
Note: Each days itinerary is subject to change due to weather and other unforeseen variables.
- Arrival to Cusco
- Enjoy a delicious local meal in Cusco
- Travel to retreat center & settle in
- Opening Circle
- Morning yoga
- Group gathering
- Q’ero Despacho (ceremony honoring mother earth)
- Sacred fire ceremony
- Morning yoga
- Visit to a local cooperative of chocolate and honey producers and pottery makers
- Sweat lodge ceremony
- Group coaching, reflection and integration
- Morning yoga
- Hike to a mountain top and soak in new perspectives and panoramic views of the Sacred Valley
- Participate in an mountain top ceremony
- Explore the historic town and ruins of Ollantaytambo
- Travel to Aguas Calientes and enjoy an early night of rest
- Connect to a sense of awe and wonder while exploring Machu Picchu’s sacred land and relish a slow and mindful walk to La Montanita
- Return to our retreat center for a nourishing meal
- Close the night with a guided relaxation
- Morning yoga
- Self-FULL service in local community
- Connect to locals and learn about their culture
- Group reflection and integration
- Morning yoga
- Meditate on the views of Pisac’s extraordinary ruins
- Befriend locals while exploring Pisac’s famous artisanal market
- Reflect, connect and bask in the sun next to a beautiful waterfall
- Group integration
- Closing Circle
- Departure for Cusco Airport
We will be staying at Sacha Munay, a beautiful retreat center in the heart of the Sacred Valley surrounded by the Andes mountains. Three delicious meals will be included each day. At the retreat center all meals served will be vegetarian, however, you can choose to pay a nominal fee to add fish or chicken to your meals. For more details on the retreat center, you can visit Sacha Munay’s website.
Inclusions & Exclusions
What Is Included
You will be fully cared for during our time together. We will be arranging all of the in-country coordination and planning. All you need to do is show up as you are, relax, and soak it all in. Here’s what you can count on being included:
- Daily yoga and meditation classes with Adriana and Ariana
- One 1:1 post-trip coaching session – VALUED AT $130
- Day long trip to Machu Picchu and entrance to local ruins
- Group shuttle to/from Cusco airport and the retreat center on arrival/departure dates
- Three delicious and nourishing vegetarian meals each day
- All in-country group transportation
- Triple occupancy lodging. (For double occupancy options, contact us.)
- Daily purified water, tea, fruit available at the retreat center
- Gratuities (except for hotel)
What Is Not Included
- Flights to and from Cusco, Peru
- Travel insurance (required)
- Souvenirs or other items of personal nature
- Alcoholic beverages
- Spa treatments
- Meals on your own if you choose not to eat with the group
Additional DetailsWhy Peru?
Arrival & Departure Information
You will fly into Alejandro Velasco Astete International Airport (CUZ) by 11:30am on Saturday, October 6. A shuttle will pick you up from the airport at 12:00pm (more details to come). From there, we will head toward the centre of Cusco to enjoy a fresh, local meal before traveling to our retreat Center in the Sacred Valley. The drive to the Sacred Valley will take us about 1.5 hours and we should arrive sometime in the late-afternoon. Upon arriving, you will have some time to settle into your rooms before we enjoy a group meal at 6:00pm, and join together later that evening for an opening circle to connect and set intentions for our time together.
Our program will conclude on Saturday, October 13 at 10:30am. A shuttle will depart the retreat center at 11:00am for Cusco. The shuttle should arrive to the Cusco airport between 12:30-1:00pm, so be sure to schedule your flight departures from Cusco for 3:00pm or later.
Note: Most international flights to the US from Lima depart until late-night. This means you could likely take a late-afternoon evening from Cusco and have a few hours to explore the city if you wish. If you are looking for somewhere to store your luggage in Cusco for a few hours, let us know and we can give you some recommendations.
Where to Find the Best Deals on Flights
If you haven’t already booked a flight, start looking now to save money on flights. Set up an alert on Skyscanner and Google Flights to be kept up to date on the best deals. Once you’ve set up an alert it will email you so that you can see when flight prices change. Some additional sites where you can search for tickets include: Kayak, Travelocity, Priceline, and Orbitz. Hopper is also a great phone app which helps predict whether now is the best time to buy your ticket or whether it is best to wait.
Retreat Cancellation Policy
We strongly recommend that you purchase flight cancellation insurance to protect yourself from unexpected circumstances that may cause you to cancel your Retreat. Cancellation of any travel plans, airlines, etc. will be completely your responsibility.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
All cancellations must be made in writing. Once we receive notification of your request, cancellation will be subject to the following:
- For cancellations made more than 60 days prior to departure any payments made will be refunded, minus the deposit.
- For cancellations made between 30-60 days prior to departure, 50% of the retreat price will be forfeited.
- For cancellations made less than 30 days prior to departure, 100% of the trip price will be forfeited.
Triple Accommodations: $2,650 USD
Double Accommodations: $2850 USD
Single Accommodations: $3,200 USD
Bring a Buddy Special: Bring a companion and each receive $100 off (valid for up to two companions per person)
Note: Payment plans are available upon request.
Reserve Your Space
We value personal relationships, so the first step is to fill out the form below and schedule a 30-minute call so we can learn a bit about you and answer any questions you may have. Once you’ve spoken with us, you can then reserve your spot by making your $600 USD deposit. You will receive the payment details after we have had a chance to connect and make sure it’s a good fit all around.
Step 1: Complete the Form Below
Step 2: Schedule your 30 minute callBook Now
I’ve known Adriana in professional and personal capacities for 8 years. She is one of the most loving, wise, and insightful people in my life. Just being in her presence is a gift. She emanates calm and vivaciousness simultaneously. I chose her to teach the yoga class on the morning of my wedding, and the care and magic she infused into the class made it one off the high moments of the whole weekend. Happy tears were streaming down my face by the end of it. She has been my life coach, guiding me in bringing body awareness into my mindfulness practice and into my life in general. Adriana and I met while living and working together in the Sacred Valley in Peru. We both immediately fell in love with the physical and spiritual beauty of that region and country. To be a part of a spiritual retreat in that area with her as my guide would be absolutely dreamy. I know from witnessing her work in Peru that she will create a well-organized, thoughtful, transformative experience that is respectful of and well-connected to local culture and people. This woman is a gift to our world!
– Stephanie Kraemer
My husband and I took yoga classes from Adriana on retreat in Guatemala. We loved her energetic style and pace, as well as her attentiveness. We felt totally cared for under her watchful eye. We also had the opportunity to do a private class with Adriana focusing specifically on using Yoga Tune Up Balls. I was skeptical about whether I would enjoy this method since I prefer traditional hatha yoga, but when Adriana showed us how to creatively use the therapy balls to relieve tension and pain in the body, we both were amazed. (We immediately ordered the balls to use at home!) Throughout the retreat, we also saw Adriana navigate several sticky travel situations with grace and poise. Again, we felt safely transported around Guatemala as she negotiated all the problem spots with her calm spirit. Adriana is both a creative yoga teacher and an organized leader. This specific combination of talents makes her especially suited for leading effective retreats.
Adriana and I met in 2010 while working for a local community development non-profit in Peru’s Sacred Valley. During our time in Peru, I was amazed at how easily she managed to integrate into the local culture. She became my ‘guide’ and opened my eyes to some of the lesser known aspects of Peruvian society. As part of her role within the organization, she was a dedicated bridge builder for American groups and individuals who came to engage in a variety of service learning projects within the local communities.
I’ve had the opportunity to witness how she operates on a professional level (both on and off the yoga mat) and am always amazed by the dedication, passion and presence that she brings to her relationships and work. I’m also in awe of her organization, dynamism, and level headedness. On top of that, she is a fantastic bilingual communicator and full of goodwill and creative solutions.
Besides being a genuinely kind and caring person, Adriana is one of the most curious people I know. She immediately makes people feel at ease, asks pertinent questions, and is an incredible listener. With true light and spirit, she is one of those people you’d describe as wise beyond her years. If you’re looking to experience personal growth, self-discovery and purposeful travel, then this retreat with Adriana is one of the best things you can do for yourself.
Adriana is such a special coach and teacher. My favorite yoga classes with her have been held outdoors! Each time, I am touched by her ability to read the energy of each of her students and craft a special practice with that in mind. Having lived in the Sacred Valley for several years, I know what a powerful environment it can be for discovery & transformation. The welcoming people, the stunning landscapes, how the sun bounces off the Andes Mountains around sunset (la hora mágica!) and so much more.
Adriana’s deep understanding of Peruvian language and culture make her the perfect guide for this retreat. I love the care and details she puts into each itinerary, and her strong connections in the area allow for off-the-tourist-path adventures! The honey and chocolate making workshops are so unique! I never thought I would get to hold bees in my hand, and it really gave a glimpse into community life in Peru.